Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday and the Playoffs...

What I have termed "Black Saturday" has not carried over to Sunday. Why? The Bears actually put lots of points on the board today and beat up on the Seahawks. I really didn't know what to expect from the guys this week--after so many ups and downs throughout the season. And who would have thought that the game's oldest and fiercest rivalry is going to be center stage next Sunday in Soldier Field.

 I suppose it could be some Hollywood script writer making this all up, but it's actually going to occur. The winner will earn the right to head to the Superbowl! Imagine that! Right now, I'm sure the Packers will be the favorite, but not being a betting man, it doesn't really matter to me. It will definitely require super human efforts from the Bears on both sides of the ball. I know this will be the continuous topic all week in the papers, on TV and radio, and on blogs and other Internet sites: Packers vs. Bears!

Now, back to "Black Saturday." Every team I was pulling for (for whatever selfish reasons or otherwise) lost--some in overtime and others in good, old regulation time. Suffice it to say that I think my Big 10 orange and blue have squandered their chances to hang up near the top of the league and their ranked status; I wanted some "help" from the purple and black basketballers in the Big 10, but they fell short in overtime; I don't like the Steelers, nor do I like the Packers...and you know what they both did. And, sadly, the real disappointment was the Blackhawks failing to put away the Nashville Predators after leading 2-0 most of the way. Then, they lose it in a shootout, and essentially dug their hole even deeper in the Division and Conference standings. All I know is that I was ready to crawl into bed after a long day of having my sporting hopes dashed upon the rocks of life! (How about that for a dramatic statement!) Now...I'll head back to the living room to see if the Jets will beat New England. Yeah, I know. Fat chance of that happening in my world of sports fandom.

And that's my train of thought right now. Will begin working on my next novel later tonight. A fun and entertaining week is in the offing, that is certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment