Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Novel Progress & Update #2


Microsoft Word's "Word Count Toolbar"
Microsoft Word's "Word Count Toolbar" (Photo credit: Travelin' Librarian)
I feel like a stranger to my very own blog, not having been here in recent days! But I'm glad to report that I'm nearly half way finished with my novel for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), just completing my 24,000 word count this morning. What's even more positive about the whole thing--besides simply piling up a ton of words--is that the story is actually moving along and a lot of fun to write!
The working title is The BetIt is obviously fiction, but I'm able to draw upon some real-life experiences from my younger and "foolisher" days, and that certainly makes it all that much more solid and organized. It's a story I've been meaning to write for so many years, and this NaNoWriMo has been the perfect avenue for me to actually get it done. I'm pretty much right on schedule to have the 50,000 words completed by the end of the month. As I mentioned in my last update, though, time is going to get a bit tight with my pheasant hunting weekend ahead and Thanksgiving next week. So, in the meantime, I'm trying to exceed a daily output of 2,000 words.
nanowrimo, day 16 goal
nanowrimo, day 16 goal (Photo credit: paloetic)
 
Stay tuned for the next progress report on The Bet....MLA

No comments:

Post a Comment