Thursday, November 8, 2012

In the heat of NaNoWriMo...


National Novel Writing Month
National Novel Writing Month (Photo credit: Steve Rhodes)
I feel as though I've been away from this familiar place of my daily "wanderings," and time really seems to be flying right on by now that I'm totally immersed in National Novel Writing Month for the first time. It's Day 8, and I've written nearly 15,000 words but still a long ways to the 50,000 goal/deadline on or before the last day of the month. It's going to get a bit tougher to write in long stretches daily since much is on my calendar in the next couple of weeks.

I will be in Springfield, Illinois, all day tomorrow and busy with household duties most of the day Saturday. Saturday night we're attending a Civil War Generals presentation, and Sunday is non-stop starting with church, then an anniversary party, next a farewell party to attend, and, of course the Chicago Bears game in the evening!

I will be away all next weekend for our annual pheasant hunt in southern Illinois, and then our annual Thanksgiving family "gathering" gets going on Wednesday of that week. I'm going to find it necessary to squeeze in some writing to produce those words in the very wee hours or long into the nights during the next few weeks.

It shall be interesting, and I'm finding the program fun and a very good motivator. The fact that we don't have to worry about editing makes it move right along. What we're producing will be the first "rough" draft of the novel.
I'm actually quite pleased with the direction the novel is taking. Right now, the working title is The Bet

I will share more about the characters, plot, theme, etc., in the days ahead. Now, though, I need to bring this post to a close and get back to pounding out all those words. Time is tight, and it's getting tighter!...MLA
Thanksgiving at the Trolls
Thanksgiving at the Trolls (Photo credit: martha_chapa95)

No comments:

Post a Comment