Thursday, March 27, 2014

Take the time to get it right!

The_Good_Luck_Highwa_Cover_for_Kindle
The Good Luck Highway-Now available as a paperback and Kindle Edition and soon-to-be Nook Book
It has been a very busy and productive week since I last took the time away from my endeavors in publishing my new book, The Good Luck Highwayas a paperback, a Kindle Edition, and a Nook Book, to attend to my Blog. And believe me when I say, it's best to take your time and work carefully through each step of the process.
A wrong click here, an errant upload of the wrong file there, and unnecessary delays to the publishing process are added. In short, in all of our excitement and eagerness to be finished and have our masterpiece live and available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, et al, it is imperative that we check and double-check all requirements.
I'm not sure that any of us enjoys re-tracing our steps and having to re-do things--especially since the Review process takes several hours (days)--but it happens. I know from experience this past week!
A wise teacher once told his reckless students that to avoid frustration and failure, they should "do it right the first time." I was one of those reckless students, and through the years I've tried to apply his words of wisdom to most tasks I undertake. Unfortunately, I haven't always hit the mark, and every now and then I slip up and end up going back to square one. Ouch!
However, one really terrific discovery I made through the whole process was an invaluable resource that truly helped me reach my goal of publishing my book in paperback, Kindle, and ePub formats.
It's a nice little book by Ed Ditto titled How to Format Your Novel for Kindle, Nook, the iBookstore, Smashwords, and CreateSpace in One Afternoon. Quite a title, but it's full of excellent step-by-step instructions, suggestions, and other "tips" for getting our Scrivener project compiled correctly.
I don't know Mr. Ditto, and I'm not getting any payment for this, but I highly recommend  that anyone who is ready to publish--especially first-timers--should check out his book. It will certainly help one and all to "do it right the first time!"…CortlandWriter
Cover of "Kindle Wireless Reading Device,...
Cover via Amazon
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment