Monday, August 13, 2012

A quick trip home before M.I.S Race Weekend


As I've written in these posts this summer, from our palatial palace on the lake in Michigan, it has been a most delightful time. Now, I'm writing from home in Illinois. I'll be here for a couple of days to take care of those duties such as mowing the lawn, something that now needs to be done in light of the recent rains. There also needs to be an oil change for my Ford Ranger sometime tomorrow.

I also will be getting things ready for our annual August Race Weekend at Michigan International Speedway this coming weekend.
An overpass for Michigan International Speedwa...
Michigan International Speedway Overpass (coutesy Wikipedia)
My son and I have made this an annual event for many years now, and we are eagerly anticipating another fun time this year. We'll leave from the cottage on Friday morning and take the "scenic" route (U.S. 12) over to M.I.S. in the Irish Hills in Brooklyn, Michigan. 
We venture through many miles of beautiful farmland and quaint towns along the way. Since we're in no real hurry Friday morning, it's a very enjoyable trip.
And, I'm proud to say, I've gotten some pretty good writing accomplished this past week. Still lots to do, but I feel it's been rather productive. So, as the summer grows late with only a few more weeks to spend at the cottage on the lake "up there," I have a rather full platter before me. And that's good! MLA

No comments:

Post a Comment