Saturday, January 14, 2012

Home in One Piece...

As I mentioned in my last post, I was all set to have surgery to repair an incarcerated umbilical hernia Friday morning. I'm happy to report that I did, in fact, have the surgery and all went well. Now is the "trying" part of the whole thing: recuperating and dealing with the discomfort. Fortunately, it's not too bad, but I know it's there just the same.

I am not allowed to do much of anything--especially lifting or straining. Plus, I am not allowed to drive for a while (until I've had my follow-up meeting with the surgeon later this month), so I guess I'm resigned to doing little else other than reading, working at my desk, and watching TV. My usual "duties" around here have even been relegated to my wife, so I have no say in this. We are planning a trip to Florida in February, and I want to be healed and in good shape by that time, so I'll follow the doctor's instructions explicitly.

I will be resuming my writing project on Monday now that I have good reason to devote lots of time to it and am in the proper frame of mind once more. It's good to be done with those "hospital thoughts."

I close for now and head for another pain pill as down the road I go...MLA

No comments:

Post a Comment