Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scenes from the Blizzard of 2011

I walked out to my mailbox late yesterday afternoon (left) and things were beginning to become quite nasty. Strong winds, blowing and drifting snow, and falling temperatures made for quite a night! It became worse during the midnight hours and the drifting continued throughout the night. 

Sunshine all day today, which made for a nice day to work on getting the driveway cleared--a several hour ordeal and prepare for the next weather challenge of single-digit temperatures and wind chill warnings for the next several days. 

The eerie-looking scene on the right was taken looking out my back door and deck toward the east. The snow-covered field is a corn field one year, a bean field the next. Right now, it lies waiting for whatever comes next from the weather gods!

This is basically the scene I look out on from my office just a short distance to the right-hand side of the deck. It's a wonderful vista and provides me many inspirational thoughts as I write. 

Winter in northern Illinois is a unique time to get things done. I like it out here and look for more adventures along the way. Now, it's time to post this and get that shower I've been trying to take since coming in from my "snow day" earlier. We shall venture down another road tomorrow...MLA

No comments:

Post a Comment